PRECIMA PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: July 2020
Precima, a Nielsen company, cares about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose data. This Privacy Notice covers the collection and use of information by the Precima website only (this “Site”). Please note other websites, including websites provided by Nielsen’s group of companies are governed by their own privacy statements. Additionally, Precima and Nielsen products and services may be subject to their own statements specific to the product or service. We encourage you to review such privacy statements before disclosing any data. More information about the Nielsen group of companies can be found here.
As the controller of the personal data that you provide us or that we collect or process in connection with this Site, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
By using this Site, you are subject to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice (“Notice”).
Collection of Your Information
We collect or otherwise obtain information relating to you in a variety of ways. Such information may include personal information, i.e., information that alone or in combination with other information identifies you as an individual or can be reasonably linked to you as an individual. Additional details about the information we may gather about you can be found below.
Data You Provide. When you submit a question or request (e.g., to learn more about our data and services), sign up for an event that we are hosting, or provide us with feedback, we may ask you to provide, or you may voluntarily provide, information such as your name, email address, phone number, employment details (e.g., company and job title), and geographic location. We will use this information in order to respond to you or address your request.
Data Collected Automatically. We automatically collect certain data when you visit this Site, including the pages on this Site that you visit; which reports or white papers you download; and your region or country, browser operating system and version used to access the Site; data about your device such as your network, your operating system, and your device; your Internet Protocol (IP) address; log usage data (e.g., when you view or click on content); the date and time of your visit; and data collected through cookies and/or other similar technologies.
COOKIES AND OTHER INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES
In particular, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that may set cookies in your browser, in order to help us understand how visitors engage with this Website. To learn more about Google Analytics’ data practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en. For opt-out options specific to Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We also use Google Tag Manager, and more information can be found here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/9323295?hl=en.
We ask that you do not send us any sensitive personal data (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background, trade union membership, or government-issued identification numbers). If you voluntarily provide sensitive personal information for any reason or we are required to collect such information as a result of legal requirements imposed on us, we will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent and use such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use data about you for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or provided to us (as stated at the point of collection) or as otherwise obvious from the context of collection. We may also use data to:
- Administer, monitor and manage this Site. We may use data for system administration purposes and to monitor use of the site. We may measure site visit information such as number of visits, number of pages viewed and other site statistics, and diagnoses of server requirements. This monitoring process enables us to continuously improve our content.
- To respond to your questions, comments, and requests about our Site and our services, including to communicate with you about this Site and/or our services, and process your requests for information, such as requests for white papers or reports. We may provide these communications and offers via email, postal mail, text messages, and other means.
- For our internal business purposes, such as improving this Site and/or our services, such as corporate transactions, audits, data analysis, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our communications.
- To protect the rights, safety, property, or operations of Precima or our affiliates, you, or others.
- To respond to requests and communications from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
- To comply with applicable law and respond to requests and communications from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
We may also use your information for marketing purposes or to send you promotional materials or other communications about Precima’s business, products/services, and events that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our communications to you. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further promotional materials or communications, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any services you have requested.
BASIS FOR PROCESSING USERS’ PERSONAL DATA
Applicable law in certain countries requires us to set out in this Privacy Statement the legal basis upon which we rely in order to process users’ personal data.
- Consent: We may rely on the consent that you provide us at the point of collection of your personal information to use such information for the purposes outlined herein.
- Legitimate interests: We may rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. In particular, we may process your personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in the effective and lawful operation of this Website and our businesses as well as the effective delivery of information and services to you. We may have other legitimate interests and, if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time.
- Compliance with legal obligations: We may process users’ personal data if necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation arising under an applicable law to which we are subject.
Users that have questions or concerns about the legal basis upon which we collect and use their personal data may contact us at email@example.com.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined above, we may disclose your data to:
- Other members of the Nielsen group of companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third parties that provide services to us, such as (but not limited to) website or system hosting, management, and support; data back-up; data analysis; and security and storage services, data back-up, infrastructure, IT services, customer service, and email delivery.
- Relevant third parties as part of corporate transactions, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- Competent governmental and public authorities, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
- Other third parties as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
All of these disclosures may result in the transfer of your information to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence. By providing us with your information and using this Website, you are acknowledging that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence.
In cases where your information is transferred outside of your country of residence, we take steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. If you are based in the EU/EEA, such safeguards may include a data transfer agreement with the information recipient based on standard contractual clauses, or such other mechanism as is approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal information to third countries. For further details relating to the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used with respect to such transfers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any third parties, including those that operate sites to which this Site links. The inclusion of a link on this Site does not imply that we or our affiliates endorse the practices of the linked site.
We make use of reasonable technical and organisational security measures and safeguards that are designed to help protect the data that we collect, use, and retain. However, please note that no security measures are perfect, and there can be no absolute assurance of security.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
You have choices about how your personal information is handled, and we are committed to providing you with reasonable access to your personal information and the ability to review and limit the use of such information in accordance with applicable law.
Depending on your country of residence, you may have the right to:
- request confirmation that we are processing your personal information;
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- request that we update the personal information we hold about you or correct such information that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- restrict the way in which we use your personal information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or limit our use of your personal information (e.g., if your personal information is inaccurate or unlawfully held);
- object to our processing of your personal information;
- withdraw the consent that you have given us to process your personal information (where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent);
- request that we delete the personal information we hold about you; and
- lodge a complaint with the data protection or privacy authority in your country of residence regarding our processing of your personal information.
Consumers who are interested in exercising one or more of the rights described above can submit a request using the form here or contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
We do not discriminate against users who exercise their rights under applicable law.
Because we want to avoid taking action regarding your personal data at the direction of someone other than you, only you or an “Authorized Agent” permitted to act on your behalf may submit a request. An “Authorized Agent” means a natural person or a business entity you have authorized to act on your behalf by providing your written permission. Please note, we may deny a request from an Authorized Agent if they do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Your request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal data or an Authorized Agent; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal data we maintain relates to you. To verify your identity, we will seek to match any personal data you provide when you (or an Authorized Agent) submit your request to any personal data we already maintain. If we are unable to verify your identity based on the information we maintain, we will let you know.
Additional information for EU/EEA residents
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection or use of your personal information, you can contact our EU Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled your personal information or any privacy query or request that you have raised to us, you have a right to complain to the appropriate National Data Protection Authority (“DPA”). To find the contact details of the DPA in your country of residence, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
Special Notice to California Residents
If you are a resident of the state of California, you are entitled to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Please note that we do not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for such purposes.
Honoring Do-Not-Track Browser Signals
“Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. At this time, this Website does not respond to DNT or similar signals.
We will retain your personal data for those periods necessary to fulfill the various purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
USE OF THIS SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not designed for or intended for minors under the age of 18, and we request that minors not provide personal data through the Site. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information about anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected personal information relating to a minor, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. The “Effective Date” noted at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on this Site. Your use of this Site is subject to the terms of the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of your visit.
After reading this Privacy Notice, if you still have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com. You may also send us a letter at the following addresses:
From EU Countries:
Attn: Legal Dept.
Oxford Business Park South
John Smith Drive
From Other Countries:
85 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004
We are also happy to answer any other questions you may have about our products and services more generally. For general business inquiries, please just contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.